Slightly different format for the recap this week (I’m a little short on time and I didn’t want to scrimp on the screencaps 😉 ). Off we go!
1. Oh wow, the sneak peek was the opening scene! Didn’t see that coming.
2. Even this many Useless Coppers are no match for McG and the Kick Ass Camaro.
3. Hah! You see, he only gets caught when he WANTS to get caught.
4. Hiiii! Duke. I really love this bit, they just filled us in on everything that’s happened since the end of the last ep in about thirty seconds without having to show us a single minute of it. Nicely done.
5. “I hope you know what you’re doing, Steve” Assertive!Duke is AWEsome with a capital AWE!!
6. LOL! Then Danny says “you know what you’re doing, right?” #love.
7. On to the COTW and the Become3 are at an airfield talking about keeping their stories consistent, like they’re about to be called to the principal’s office. I spend a few seconds imagining the four of them at school together and… there just aren’t enough detentions in the world, I don’t think…
8. Also at the airfield is a very nice but completely anonymous plane filled with bodies. McG deduces that it’s a rendition flight and the dead guys are Feds and the pilots. I have a wobble because my father is a retired pilot and dead pilots on TV shows freak me out.
9. So McG knows that this is someone resourceful enough to kill five Feds and land a jet “and now HE’S loose on the island”. Why so sexist, McG?
10. Cath has done some investigating and can tell McG that the plane was registered to a CIA front company and the suspect was being moved from Brisbane to Cuba. BRISBANE!! Andrea, this is totally for you! Then Danny asks if they got any hits on the fingerprints they took from the steering wheel at which point McG points out that this is called a yoke which is a) NOT REALLY IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW, McG, and b) totally a shoutout to you, Andr3a!! This is The Conversation Of References For Andreas! (as in, plural of Andrea. I don’t know anyone called Andreas.)
11. So no matches, but unexpectedly we are now looking at a man in a very white uniform who is apparently an ex-boyfriend’s of Cath. And is about to leave the Navy. And wants to take her out for dinner. She tells him that she’s seeing someone and this leads to a very clunky bit of dialogue where Show tries to fill us in on their backstory with nothing like the finesse they managed in point 4. “What happened between you and me was real and I’ll never regret Amsterdam or working together in Kabul…” come on, Show, no-one talks like this.
12. So what do we think is The Point of this guy? Is there going to be a which-one-will-she-choose scenario (duh! McG, obvi) or is he just there to make McG jealous and fess up to how he really feels about her? Hmmmm… Also, when are we going to see McG in this uniform please?
13. CIA guy! Who has noticed Cath asking questions about things that have nothing to do with her job (well thank goodness SOMEone’s paying attention, I hope her CO has a friend in the CIA who can cut him some slack). CIA guy doesn’t know about the plane being hijacked (careless. But then, I’m forever finding my lipsalves days after the children have hidden them somewhere I would never even think of looking, so I know how he feels) and something about the way McG says “you didn’t KNOW???” gives me shivers. Good shivers. I love that authoritative tone. #shiver
14. The suspect is one Rafael Salgado, a member of the NLM, a Latin American terrorist organisation. He has knowledge of an imminent terrorist attack on American soil and they need to capture him alive so they can stop the attack.
15. Kono is at a hideaway of Adam’s even though she should still be in hospital. She tells Adam that Michael is trying to frame her and then says that she doesn’t know what to think because he’s been hiding stuff. He then brings up the small matter of the cloned phone and – I just love this – SHE TOTALLY IGNORES HIM!!! Yeah, sister, don’t let him sidetrack you into thinking you’re the one in the wrong here. That’s a CLASSIC distraction tactic.
16. So anyway, all is well in the Kono/Adam world. Adam tells her that Michael is trying to stage a coup and that legitimising the business is tricky because the Yakuza’s business partners won’t like it because it will lose them a lot of money and then they will kill him. Fair enough.