31. They convince Rafael to let them help him get his son back in exchange for information about the attack. He tells them that it will be in San Francisco but he won’t tell them anything more until his son is safe. Then they have to hustle him out of the building because the Feds have arrived.
32. Fong calls Kono to tell her that the DNA on the gloves does indeed clear her name and she replies – get this – “you’re a good friend”. !!!!!!!!!! Kono, you heartless wench. And then Fong’s day gets worse because Michael Noshimuri has come searching for his gloves like a long-dead pirate in The Fog. Or maybe The Fong. (What??)
33. ANYWAY the NLM jerkoffs are going to welch on their end of the deal and the Become3 take them down, but not before one of them has shot Rafael in the back as he tries to protect Jack. Oops. Bit not good. They rush him to the hospital where he manages to tell McG the target of the attack before expiring, and also where they bump into Max who is there with Fong because Michael Noshimuri stabbed him! Noooooo! They CAN’T kill off Fong, they JUST CAN’T.
34. Kono is next on Michael’s hitlist – he turns up at the hideaway and holds a gun to her head. She’s two for two with the Noshimuri brothers, eh? Michael thinks killing Kono is a good idea because it would protect Adam from people who want to kill him because of her but Adam disagrees with him. And by ‘disagrees with’, I mean ‘accidentally shoots in a fatal manner while struggling for the gun’. Ummmm… hard to feel much sympathy, to be honest. I didn’t think they’d kill him off. Quite glad they did though.
35. Trademark ‘parent reunited with lost child on H50 floor badge’ moment FTW!!!
36. Chin turns up at the hideaway to tell Kono that Fong isn’t out of the woods yet (sob!) and to tell Adam that he needs to leave because his brother’s supporters will be, quite literally, gunning for revenge. This means a slow boat to China with Doris (poor guy, I think that probably makes up for the duct-taping, don’t you?) where he will stay until all his enemies are behind bars, which may or may not be foreshadowing for Season 4. Kono decides that she’s going with him and Danny and McG protest because she’s just been cleared of murder and she can go back to work but Chin tells her to follow her heart *sniff*. Because he lost his love because of his job and he doesn’t want the same thing to happen to her. Ohhhh, then this is so saaaaad as she says goodbye to them all :-(. And she even says ‘aloha. Malama pono’ as well #love. I hope it’s really not forever.
37. This, then, is apparently our team for next season:
38. Back at HQ, Chin looks wistfully at Kono’s desk and then calls Leilani to make a second (hopefully less eventful) date…
…and Danny goes home to find that Gabby doesn’t know WHAT she was thinking and has broken into his house to show him how sorry she is for standing him up at the airport. If I were her, I wouldn’t have been wearing quite so many clothes, but hey. Not HBO.
39. So at the end of the ep, Kono’s with Adam, Chin’s making a date with Leilani, Danny’s with Gabby and McG’s with… Wo Fat HOW IS THIS FAIR??
Wo Fat’s called him down to his cell under false pretences because some unspecified persons are about to try and kill him and he wants McG to save his life.*gasp* Wo Fat, you sneaky sonofabitch!
So, to sum up: I really loved this episode as an episode. I thought the COTW was complicated enough to be interesting, but not over-complicated and confusing, Wo Fat was awesome, there were some lovely ohana moments, Danny had some good lines, the pacing was good and the time flew by. BUT in terms of story arcs, it was not so good. When you think that the fandom worked out that Doris was Shelburne about mid-way through Season 2, we’ve now known about this for half the show’s run and we still know next to nothing. I thought dragging it out for the whole of Season 3 was taking it too far, but to not even give a hint in the finale… we keep getting build-up to these moments and then it’s such a letdown when they don’t happen. And what was the ‘shocking discovery’ that McG’s visit to Wo Fat was supposed to end with? That people want to kill him? That’s not news, we’ve known about that since 2.22.
But still, all that considered, it was still one of my favourite eps of the season. And now… we wait…