Kupu’eu – (Fallen Hero)
All pics by bookemdanno.net. I really owe her a drink 🙂
I’m not going to do the usual recap for this episode. I’m a little short on time and to be honest, I didn’t think the COTW was that great. It did set up the whole Billy thing, but other than that…meh.
So, Cath and Billy are on a stakeout to catch out John Cutler, a cheating husband. After his girlfriend leaves, a gunman turns up and shoots Cutler. Cath and Billy both get shot, Billy more seriously, and he dies after Cath gets him to the hospital.
Turns out Cutler’s wife has a high level security clearance for the company she works for, and Cutler is using her clearance to sell military secrets. The obvious suspect in his death is whoever is buying what he’s selling, which is a rival firm, but it turns out they got there after the shooting and were responsible only for the removal of the body and clean up of the crime scene. Someone ordered a hit on John Cutler, but who?
Suspicion turns to the girlfriend, who is in fact not really his girlfriend, but moonlighting as a hooker. In the end, we discover that the person behind the death of Cutler is the girlfriend/hooker’s assistant, who is in love with her. I can’t even remember his name, that’s how interested I was.
So that’s it for the COTW.
The rest of the episode, however, I enjoyed. I have come to accept that McRoll is here to stay. I don’t like it, but that’s the way it’s going to be. I don’t dislike McRoll, I just don’t need or want to see them all the time.
Now that Billy is dead (and really…all that build up, all that angst over whether or not they’re going to go at it like rabbits, and then…bang, he’s dead?) As much as I didn’t want the soap-operish love triangle, I really thought this storyline would have been a little longer. Or why bother with those carguments for three freaking episodes?
I think Cath joining the team – which is obviously going to happen now that she is jobless – is a big mistake. I’ve worked with my husband, and it wasn’t pretty! And we weren’t in a high pressure, dangerous job where we could have died at any time. Although there were times he came close 🙂
I’m glad the Champ Box made an appearance again. I would have thought Steve would have had it locked away more securely than just lying around in the garage. I’m almost over the whole Doris storyline now – I’m getting to the point where I honestly don’t care where she is, who she’s with, what her connection with WoFat is.
What I Liked About This Episode:
- AOL and MB played the hospital bedside scene well. Not overdone, but I really felt for Cath when she found out Billy was dead.
- More screentime for Chin – always a plus.
- Joe’s scene in the morgue where he listed all Billy’s achievements and accomplishments.
- Billy’s funeral. Taps. The 21-gun salute. The scenes at the bar afterwards.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The COTW – kind of boring and not very well put together.
- The fact that still no-one has mentioned Fong (yeah, I know he’ll be in ep. 7, but still!)
- Cath running around with a gun, wearing Kevlar and acting like a cop. Already!
- The disappearance of Danny. That was just weird. I think it would have been better not having him in the episode at all. The way he wasn’t around after his initial appearance didn’t make sense.
My biggest question though, is this:
HOW COME THEY COULDN’T SMELL THE FRESH PAINT AS SOON AS THEY WALKED INTO CUTLER’S LOVE NEST??